- Closets are so empty without wiring.
- Equipment request forms mentally prepared me for filing personal tax returns.
- Calling operations to reboot a server is so much more personal than an API call.
- Knowing I spent $1M+ on a DR site whose aggregate annual CPU utilization will never top 1%.
- Image loading is retro. Who needs a Chef converge?
- A cloud provider never offered me Red Sox tickets after a volume purchase.
- Purchasing and deploying capacity based on 12 month sales projections. Sales is never wrong.
- The camaraderie of rack and stack parties.
- Warranties. I know it’s in here somewhere.
- Spending 40% of my annual budget in January to get infrastructure deployed by April... and hopefully utilized by December.
Posted from Starbucks in Lexington, while licking wounds from a bad traffic day.